To nurture and equip students for a lifetime of Kingdom service.
Cornerstone School of Ministry (CSOM) is a nine-month ministry training school committed to teaching the Bible in such a way that students are saturated in God’s grace in Jesus Christ and are equipped to properly handle the Word of God.
Mission, Vision and Purpose
Our goal at Cornerstone is the same as the Apostle Paul had for the Christians at Philippi:
“And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, being filled with the fruit of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.” Philippians 1:9-11, NKJV
Our core values are Communion (development of relationship with God), Character (development of self), Community (development of relationship with others), and Commission (development of interaction and ministry to the world).
We are committed to teaching the Bible in such a way that students deeply enjoy and love God and are equipped to properly handle His Word of God. We endeavor to the end that students:
- are encouraged to think critically and understand why they believe what they believe by way of reasoning through what they are reading and being taught;
- will learn to become ministers (those who serve), and to do so humbly for the body of Christ; and
- will give consideration to, and hopefully come to the knowledge of the purpose or calling that God has on their lives.
- will live authentic Christ-like lives, joining God in His mission here on earth.
- Our foremost desire is that all of this is done in an environment that fosters a love that abounds still more and more in all that is done.
At Cornerstone we emphasize an integrated approach, Formational Learning — that learning must be applied to life, aimed at nurturing the entire person. We aim to uphold both integrity and depth of academic rigor, as well as the maturation of each student in their spiritual life. Knowing God increasingly leads to loving Him increasingly.
Cornerstone has vision that international students already living within Corvallis and its surrounding areas, would be able to enroll in the school for a season of equipping, before then going out to serve as Christian leaders in their home countries.